Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Fire Pit made from junk

I have been going to my local garbage dump every weekend for the past three months trying to find something to make a DIY fire pit out of.  I like having fires in the evening as I wind down from work with a Jack and coke, and so the kids can roast marshmallows and make smores.  It gives me a chance to work on my fire skills, and is very enjoyable.

I wasn't sure exactly what I was looking for but was sure I would recognize it when I saw it.  This weekend the wife asked me to head to the store in the evening to pick up a Redbox movie and grab some wine for her - so I decided to hit the garbage dump to see if there was anything I could grab and I found these.



It was the top to what looked like an old George Foreman-type grill.



This is a car rim that is the perfect size for a fire pit.



Here it is set on top of a couple cinder blocks and the grill top.



Works GREAT!!!!

~tumtum73~

No comments: