Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Lordy, Lordy, I'm turning 40

A 40 year old man owes very little to what he is born with, he is what he has made of himself.
In a few weeks I will be turning 40 and have started to analyze what I am considering the "first half of my life".  On the bright side, I can say that I have accomplished allot and have tons of great memories and friends to show for it.

Before I go too far let me thank my wonderful parents - I would not be the person I am today without their love and support.  Thanks Mom and Dad!

To my lovely wife, I have spent almost half of my time on this earth with you, building a family, and I look forward to many more.

Some highlights:


  • Won Rhode Island State High School Football Championship (Portsmouth High School Class of 1992)
  • Played All-Marine Rugby (Pensacola, FL - 1997)
  • Played Rugby in Australia with the Gladstone GRUFS (awesome experience)
  • Traveled to six foreign countries (Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Australia, Kuwait, and Iraq)
  • Learned to scuba dive in Okinawa, Japan
  • Participated in several dive trips in Australia at the Great Barrier Reef.
  • Spent a year in a war zone in Baghdad, Iraq and came home safely.


  • By comparison to some of my friends and colleagues, I have accomplished allot.

    My early life has been focused on having fun, travelling, studying and learning a profession.  I started delivering newspapers in grade school, moved to stocking shelves when I got my license and car, then joined the Marine Corps when I graduated High School.  All of these jobs have lead me to my current exceptional career in information technology that allows me to take care of my family - I consider that mission accomplished for a career.

    Now I want to expand my interests into activities that will enhance my lifestyle.  I keep a Bucket List, where I maintain a list of things I want to accomplish before I die.  Some examples are listed below.

     Learn to Dance
     Run a Marathon
     Go Hiking/Backpacking
     Write a book
     Have family Disney vacation (completed in April)
     Camping with family
     Learn Permaculture Design
     Take CPR Course
     Obtain a Concealed Carry Permit
     Purchase a handgun for EDC

    I hope to continue posting interesting things I discover in my journey and contribute my experiences to the internet as a whole.

    No comments: